PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Foundation Operations and Stewardship for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for providing managerial and strategic oversight for the foundation operations and stewardship teams. Establishes and oversees operational structures and processes related to fundraising initiatives and activities across the PeaceHealth foundations. Focuses on infrastructure and data management, flow between systems and caregivers, and building analytical prowess. The stewardship portion of the role focuses heavily on implementing a best-in-class stewardship operation with proactive and personalized stewardship in order to grow PeaceHealth’s philanthropic support. Emphasis will be on fostering the relationship between donors and PeaceHealth through acknowledgement, recognition and demonstrating impact. Acts as a key strategic partner for foundation implementation of best practices in operations and stewardship with the focus on raising philanthropic dollars from major donors. Supports foundation leadership and caregivers by running programs that help them achieve their strategic goals.
- Works with individual foundations and the system to design the overall strategy and implementation initiatives for stewardship and operations. Works to obtain highest ROI activities and the goal of raising more philanthropic support for the organization.
- Oversees the stewardship and operations teams across all PeaceHealth foundations which includes directing and managing the day-to-day work of team members to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Serves as the foundation database expert in operationalizing the donor database software. Ensures that the foundation teams receive roll-based training and guidance to maximize the use of this tool for fundraising in a cohesive and consistent manner to achieve fundraising goals. Develops audits to maintain data integrity.
- Develops and operationalizes the multi-channel moves management process for the foundations. Focuses on pipeline optimization, major gift qualification, physician engagement and portfolio building. Ensures that the process is clear, efficient and able to be maximized at the fundraiser level.
- In partnership with the prospect researcher, develops a system to identify and analyze prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation. Works to provide training for fundraisers on the connection between prospect research and cultivation.
- Manages the stewardship team to implement a proactive stewardship model with a focus on individualized stewardship and emphasis on creating a broad-spectrum program with the optimal amount of emphasis on the different level of activities for different donor groups. A keen focus will be on stewardship needed for major and transformative level gifts.
- Ensures that the data structure supports both standardized and custom reports for the purpose of cultivating donors, tracking solicitor actions, prospect movement through the fundraising cycle and other applicable reports.
- Leverages donor recognition programs and giving societies across all foundations and determines the overall strategy for these types of efforts as they relate to fundraising success and major gift donor stewardship. Ensures that the stewardship team is implementing these fundraising tools efficiently and providing a consistent donor experience.
- Partners with the director to ensure that the foundation fundraising policies and procedures are updated. Reviews and ensures that foundation establishes, monitors and reviews department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with strategic goals, regulatory changes and functional improvements.
- Serves as a liaison to the finance department and ensures a functional partnership with the foundations and shared services.
- Communicates with Foundation management, IT department, legal, registration and HIPAA compliance officer to ensure that donor and patient data is captured and recorded in an appropriate way and ensures a high level of collaboration.
- Works closely and helps direct the work with stakeholders including database vendor CSI (Cause Solutions Inc) and LKA. Assists with holding them accountable for the highest level of service delivery including developing SOWs and deliverables as needed.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful professional experience in a fundraising and/or non-profit environment which includes operations, fundraising finance, stewardship, event and strategic expertise.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Professional experience in healthcare philanthropy.
- Experience working directly with donors, caregivers and boards preferred.
- Advanced computer skills; experience with database systems, particularly data management, report generation/visualization, selection criteria and data analysis; well versed in query and report design; and knowledge of Raisers Edge data base program. In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of fund-raising data management.
- Ability to network and ascertain best practices in stewardship and operations from across the industry.
- Ability to gather and synthesize data to prepare effective, logical and accurate reports
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate teams in change management to encourage collaborative results.
- Familiarity with the process of major gift solicitation and with philanthropy and a keen understanding of how operations and stewardship fits into the larger picture.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications including Word, SharePoint Excel, PowerPoint, Schedule+ and Outlook
- Proficient in Internet research.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with relational databases and desktop publishing and graphic design is preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge expertise is preferred.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.