This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 4965
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Springfield, Oregon located in the Eugene metro area is the third largest in the state. Springfield is an adventure-driven destination. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along the nearby ocean beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along the many miles of bicycle paths. Neighboring Eugene is home to the University of Oregon, and boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Riverbend is a State-of-the-art tertiary, Level II Trauma Center and our team of 85+ Respiratory Therapists at Sacred Heart Riverbend work on clinical floors and pediatrics & will train to the NICU.
There are additional opportunities to work in:
We have a very active Caregiver Action Committee and collaborate with other disciplines and medical directors to provide evidence-based care for our patients.
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
Springfield, Oregon located in the Eugene metro area is the third largest in the state. Springfield is an adventure-driven destination. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along the nearby ocean beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along the many miles of bicycle paths. Neighboring Eugene is home to he University of Oregon, and boasts cultural amenities typical of much larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
* Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
* Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work-shops, as requested by Manager.
* Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
* Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
* Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
* Acts as a clinical resource on procedures and standards for staff and physicians. Monitors staff compliance.
* Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
* May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
* Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidences based setting with appropriate changes.
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
* NRP certification required for therapists working in the NICU.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements. Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting).
* Respiratory Care Program
* Respiratory Care Practitioner - Oregon
* Basic Life Support
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Hospital or Sleep Center setting:
-Two years of experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist is preferred.
-Experience in ICU, NICU, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics preferred.
-One year of experience in a pulmonary function lab preferred.
-Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
-Proficient with MS Office applications.
-Must be able to set up, operate, and trouble shoot all respiratory or pulmonary function related equipment, as applicable, in a quick and efficient manner.
-Must be able to quickly assess acute, critical care situations and respond with a decisive and appropriate course of action.
-Good time management skills.
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.