PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer Lead for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $22.96, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Serves as subject matter expert and provides training to assigned team members.
Provides safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, assists with the development and oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, patrols premises for fire watch as defined by ALSM, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provide assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides courtesy services such as providing directions, locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of crisis.
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
- Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of patients and/or visitors.
- Responsible for coordinating information, clarification of events and coordinating emergency protocols which may require collaboration with external safety and law enforcement agencies.
- Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure, Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
- May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift NW transports and securing landing the pad.
- Responsible for adhering to protocols; completing, filing and maintaining correct documentation, filing reports, monitoring visitor permits, and assists with maintaining building access control by utilizing the computerized badge/door system.
- Performs safety stop duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of four (4) years security, military or law enforcement experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a lead or similar type of role.
- Healthcare facility security experience is preferred.
- BLS Certification upon hire.
- Valid Driver’s License for the State hired to perform duties.
- IAHSS Supervisor Healthcare Security certifications required within 45 days of employment.
- Successfully complete the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course within 45 days of hire and renews training as required.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) certification within 6 months of employment.
- If assigned location requires the use of tasers, successfully pass Taser Training Program. After successful completion of Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient centered work environment.
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Ability to perform data entry as necessary
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Access, and Excel
- Must have acceptable driving record and maintain that level in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to assist in managing violent, uncontrollable persons.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.