PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinic Manager Senior at our Bellingham Family Practice clinic.
Responsible for: Facilitating an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the delivery of care and programs; partnering with clinic Physicians and operational leadership to provide effective and proactive management of clinic operations ensuring exceptional services to patients; achieving annual operational and financial goals; and for managing provider caregivers ( approximately 20 providers) and other assigned staff. Typically responsible for managing multiple and/or large sites/departments/services lines.
- Partners with physicians and senior clinic leadership to lead clinic operations to ensure overall success of area/site. Engage staff, providers and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are in alignment with strategic plan and to resolve clinic issues in a timely manner.
- Analyzes, organizes and manages clinical and non-clinical operations of assigned areas. This may include multiple sites/departments/service lines.
- Full authority/oversight over daily operations and responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all patients within area(s) of responsibility.
- Overall accountability and oversight of assigned clinic(s)/area(s) including: financial and operational performance; provider practice efficiency; service excellence;; budget development and management staffing; talent/performance management. Engages appropriate stakeholders in the review and dissemination of area financial and productivity performance.
- Manages the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development and evaluation of assigned staff. Full employment authority.
- Provides first line response to physician and assigned staff issues (behavioral and clinical). Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with lead physicians(s) and/or senior clinic leadership as necessary.
- Leads and manages strategic initiatives and manages programs in identified service lines. Provides solutions and strategic direction for addressing the business operational issues.
- Involved with planning and implementation of new or acquired service and business ventures.
- Leads and manages process improvement initiatives. Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action and implements improvement plans through utilization of Quality Improvement (QI) and Process Improvement (PI) principles.
- Demonstrates emphasis on inspiring caregivers and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to insure high quality care and service.
- Ensures that legal and regulatory standards, as well as clinic and department policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business or Healthcare Management or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare management is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible leadership experience including manager level or equivalent healthcare management experience.
- Experience in process improvement methodology preferred.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Strong financial management skills including analytical skill and familiarity with benchmarking financial and operational performance.
- Embraces and promotes teamwork.
- Knowledge of an experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated competence in developing business plans for new services and capital equipment
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.