Job ID: 5621
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer - Security Parking for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.99, more depending on experience.
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols. Performs internal and external security patrol of assigned hospitals and/or clinics; dispatch; and access control as assigned.
1. Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provides assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
2. Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
3. Provides courtesy services such as providing directions, locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of crisis.
4. Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
5. Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of patients and/or visitors.
6. Coordinates information, clarification of events and emergency protocols which may require collaboration with external safety and law enforcement agencies.
7. Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure, Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
8. May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift NW transports and securing landing the pad.
9. Ensures adherence to protocols; completing, filing and maintaining correct documentation, filing reports, monitoring visitor permits, and assists with maintaining building access control by utilizing the computerized badge/door system. 10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Minimum of two (2) years security, military or police experience is required.
Healthcare facility security experience is preferred.
BLS Certification upon hire.
Valid Driver’s License for the State hired to perform duties
IAHSS (International Assoc for Healthcare Security & Safety) Basic certification required within 45 days of employment.
If assigned location requires the use of tasers, successfully pass Taser Training Program. After successful completion of Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
Ability to perform data entry as necessary
Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
Acceptable driving record in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the community please visit our homepage: www.careers.peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.