PeaceHealth is seeking a Decision Support Analyst - Operational Finance for a Full Time, Day position.
Supports standard financial reporting and software applications across PeaceHealth Finance business operations. Assesses current and future reporting needs and works with IT and finance business units to define requirements, design, test and support financial reports and applications using established policies, procedures, protocol and standards. Serves as subject matter expert and educator regarding system functionality for implementations, modification and day to day support.
- Translates business needs into systems process changes and reporting requirements and specifications while ensuring that the changes reflect the expected outcomes and source data.
- Performs complex data queries and mapping. Understands data modeling concepts (e.g., the entity-relation model) and their application: entities and tables, relations and constraints, attribute data types and column data types.
- Performs system assessment, process analysis, identification of system requirements and functional definition of planned system changes.
- Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of system implementation and creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Presents research analysis, statistical and database concepts to a variety of levels within the organization.
- Uses MS Excel, Access, SQL and Crystal Reports to extract and manipulate data.
- Designs, validates and troubleshoots standard financial reporting and analytic systems. Maintains knowledge of general ledger, payroll, budgeting, month end, reconciliation, account consolidation and board reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and or business administration or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred.
- 3 years of finance/accounting experience within the Healthcare industry
- Significant experience with ERP and reporting analyst experience with relational database structures and tools
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to detect and report on data errors and anomalies
- Preferred working experience and knowledge of the Lawson ERP financial systems
- Ability to act in a consulting capacity
- Ability to formulate and operationalize new concepts and ideas for improvement
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple demands and short time frames
- Detailed oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.