Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director Labor/Caregiver Relations for a Full Time, Day position.
Directs, controls and is accountable for Labor Relations at the system level. Develops long and short-term business strategies and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Ensures quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Designs programs, processes and tools which align and support organizational goals, objectives, mission and values in the area of labor relations. Provides leadership and guidance in developing, achieving and maintaining a positive and proactive labor-management relationship. Oversees the negotiation, communication and implementation of collective bargaining agreements. Provides direction and input to local communities to ensure alignment with PeaceHealth’’ overall labor strategy. Acts as key point of contact for leadership and Human Resources for all labor activities.
- In collaboration with department leadership, assists with both informal and formal relationships with unions. Participates in meet and confer to reach agreements on employee relation matters, provide input and education to key stakeholders.
- Develops and delivers proactive plans and programs which translate to positive outcomes for employee relations, engagement and communications.
- Develops strategic plans for new or open contracts, consult with key stakeholders, i.e. operations leadership, legal, finance, Human Resources Partner Organization (HRPO) and Centers of Expertise (COE), to align goals, objectives and ensure system-wide alignment for like type items where appropriate. In collaboration with outside legal counsel and/or internal Labor Consultants, manages contract negotiations, consistent with the strategic plan.
- Provides on-going consultation, coaching and training for labor relations programs, processes and activities in collaboration with HRPO for delivery to leadership.
- Identifies areas of potential legal and compliance risk, works with legal counsel and key stakeholders to develop a plan to address the situation, including but not limited to education, policy changes and direct intervention.
- Works with legal counsel, HRPO and key stakeholders to address arbitrations and grievances. Applies consistent approach, make recommendation to enhance programs, mitigate future impacts and/or avoid repeated issues.
- Leads strategic response to organizational labor relations concerns; works with key stakeholders to assure input, concerns and grievances are facilitated consistent with PeaceHealth Mission and Values. Provides risk reduction expertise and services related to labor concerns.
- Consults with leadership and ensure key stakeholders are current on regulatory requirements and impacts to the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Juris Doctor degree strongly preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION OTHER SKILLS:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with extensive labor relations background including negotiating collective bargaining agreements is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Expert employee & labor relations including negotiation skills.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state laws with a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to identify, utilize and interpret workforce-related metrics.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
- Proficient in the use of HRIS Solutions preferred.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.