PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Supply Chain for a Full Time, Variable position.
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment day to day operations of the department; responsible for linen, warehouse and distribution of materials, minimizing waste and effecting optimal cost controls and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Supervises and coordinates the functions of the assigned areas; including timely distribution of supplies and linen to the various departments. Working with key stakeholders for process improvements and cost savings options.
- Ensures PAR levels are appropriately managed, maintained and products are scanned, replenished and oversees inventory management.
- Provides delivery of medical equipment (rental and owned) in a timely manner as requisitioned. Evaluate, monitor and replenish inventory of equipment on hand.
- Coordinates the maintenance of supply rooms and distribution points by acting as a liaison between Materials Management and other PeaceHealth departments.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned caregivers; duties include hire, train, mentor, corrective actions, work schedules, authorizing time off requests, and performance evaluations. Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the department and developing recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
- Responsible for assisting with the department budget, tracking expenditures, authorization for purchase of the department’s supplies, equipment, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
- Responsible for knowing and maintain contract guidelines for linen and materials; working with vendors as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Experience in healthcare materials management is preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Ability to work independently and handle stress appropriately.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
- Ability to set priorities; make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office tools, MMIS system, and Microsoft Outlook.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires extreme, active physical exertion less than 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.