PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is seeking RN’s for our Emergency Department Fellowship Program (0.9 FTE, non-exempt).
Are you interested in a career in Emergency Nursing? Join our diverse and exciting Emergency Department team and PHSW as part of our 2021 Nurse Fellowship Program.
- Shift length and hours are variable during the program.
- Applications are being accepted: 1/14/2021-1/29/2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Our program is designed for any experienced RN’s looking to transition into Emergency Nursing.
- Our Fellowship is a 6 month program including classroom education time as well as one on one preceptorship on the floor.
- This is a full time staff RN position with pay & benefits.
- To be considered, please attach a cover letter along with your resume explaining your interest in the Fellowship and PHSW ED.
- *New grad RN’s are not being considered – please apply to our Residency program.*
- 52 bed department with 5 resuscitation bays, designated locked behavioral health unit, and helipad for Life flight services
- Level II Trauma Center serving all of Southwest Washington – one of only three trauma centers in the Portland area
- Regional Cardiac and Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 85,000 annual visits
- Fantastic team environment: collaborative practice between RN’s, EDTs, Providers, and other modalities; 24/7 ED Pharmacist, Respiratory Therapy, and Social Work coverage Support for ongoing education and growth through yearly education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying advanced degrees, and compensation for CEN and BSN
- Relocation Assistance available
- Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional nursing practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Essential functions include assessing, planning, and implementing patient care needs, documenting patient care in EMR according to established standards, delegating care as appropriate, ensuring own professional effectiveness through education and professional development, and maintaining established hospital policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- Current Washington RN license by date of hire
- BLS and ACLS by date of hire
- Acute care RN experience
- 6 months of classroom and floor time with preceptor
- PALS and TNCC certifications incorporated into program if not already certified
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.