PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Care Visiting Nurse - Home Health for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.83, more depending on experience.
This position is a weekend position, non-benefited, 16hrs per week.
Newly hired caregivers are eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
Responsible for working collaboratively with the Case Manager RN to provide direct skilled nursing care of patients admitted to home care services.Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, problem identification/intervention implementation to achieve goal outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the case managing RN/multi-disciplinary team following the POC while supporting the identified skilled needs of the patient.
- Revise/update the POC as assessment findings are identified through collaboration with the MD/patient/caregiver/case manager.
- Ensure that all documentation of specific care and/or care coordination meets regulatory compliance and time frames.This includes, but is not limited to:HHA Supervision/POC update; weekly wound measurement; IC and/or Fall notes completed; delegations; etc.
- Identify/communicate achievement of goals to the case manager for completion of the discharge OASIS.
- Complete OASIS visits, when assigned, at the various point in time that demonstrate the initial and on-going skilled needs of the patient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- A minimum of one to two years experience in an acute care setting required.
- Previous home health experience preferred or willing and able to develop home health care knowledge and skills in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently.
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- This role is part of the bargaining unit and governed by the terms of the applicable collective bargaining contract.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.