PeaceHealth seeks a System VP Financial Operations
The System Vice President Financial Operations will provide system-wide oversight and direction for Network Finance, Revenue Cycle, and Health Information Management, reporting to EVP-CFO.
Seeking a System VP Financial Operations to be responsible for:
- The development of and implementation of financial policies, provide credible financial analyses, and guide decision making to preserve the financial position and performance of the organization.
- Providing leadership system services oversight to deliver high value, efficient operations and strong financial performance.
- Centralization, standardization and implementation of policies, processes and services for assigned areas.
- Operational finance and ensuring alignment of community, network and system-wide initiatives.
- Contributing to defining system strategic goals and ensuring departmental goals and objectives are aligned with the overall PH System strategic goals and objectives.
- Effectively develop new Revenue Cycle and Health Information Management strategies to address competitive, complex business issues and objectives.
- Manage and oversee financial activities including, community budgets, productivity management, reporting processes and audits. Observing trends and acting as a steward to safeguard the assets of the organization. Analyze performance variances and unusual trends and keep decision-makers informed of significant trends and events.
- Support business development with development of business plans; forecast critical milestones, potential obstacles, evaluate risk/benefits and present alternate course of actions; provide guidance to maximize PeaceHealth financial position and successful implementation of growth opportunities.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Analyze actual financial results and budget variances for profit and loss, balance sheets and statement of cash flow. Provide insight and recommendations to both short term and long term growth plans.
- Responsible for alignment of community and system Finance team for standard reports, documents and decision-making materials that cascade from system services.
- Develop, lead and communicate a compelling vision, grounded in the mission and values, to achieve high standards of effectiveness for service areas to inspire them to pursue excellence through service, management tools, and efficient work processes and technology.
- Lead the development of common policies, procedures and reports to govern financial decision-making including financial planning, expense management, Bridge Assistance, etc. to ensure the achievement of financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting required.
- Master’s Degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 10 years of finance or other relevant experience required.
- Minimum 10 years management experience required.
- Experience with managed care, Medicaid/Medicare, and Commercial Payers is required.
- Experience with third party reimbursement mechanisms and Federal guidelines regarding budget and financing required.
- Current knowledge and anticipatory knowledge of upcoming accounting, compliance and financial reporting changes relevant to not-for profit, faith-based healthcare system.
Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- Successful experience with the development and implementation of strong financial management strategies in partnership with senior leadership.
- Significant experience in, or knowledge of, nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
- Mission commitment reflected in strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience building and leading high performing teams.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across functional areas and within a matrixed reporting structure.
- Strong customer focus and results orientation.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Advance skills utilizing finance and accounting software.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; verbally, in writing and in presentations
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary concept of health care delivery and collaborative team approach that involves clinical and non-clinical leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with executive presence and ability to motivate staff.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively initiate, lead and implement change.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.