Job ID: 5779
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Hospital Engineer - Facilities for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.50, more depending on experience.
Performs a variety of general, mechanical, and preventative maintenance tasks as well as inspections, servicing repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical centers.
1. Operates, troubleshoots, adjusts and performs complicated repairs and/or schedules and coordinates others on various types of electrical and mechanical equipment
2. Estimates parts and materials needs and develops purchase requisitions.
3. Serves as a mentor and provides instruction and training to fellow caregivers on the safe and proper installation, operation and maintenance of various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Post high school apprenticeship or other equivalent formalized training preferred.
• Five years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems required.
• Supervisory experience in a maintenance environment preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid state driver’s license
Physical Cognitive Requirements:
Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 33% of work time).
May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment. Requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.