This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6238
Location: Florence, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Radiology for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.73, more depending on experience.
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
* Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
* Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
* Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
* Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
* Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
* Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
* Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
* Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
* Prepares, calibrates and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
* Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
* NMTCT or ARRT eligible; CNMT or ARRT(NM) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI temporary license pending certification.
* Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
* Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification
* Basic Life Support
-Minimum of one year prior experience is preferred.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
-Demonstrated venipucture competency.
-PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong organizational and analytical skills
-Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
PEACE HARBOR PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.