Job ID: 6288
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacist for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $55.23, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Functions included in providing compassionate pharmaceutical care are both cognitive and medication distribution related and include: dispensing and distributing drugs; advising physicians and patients regarding proper usage of prescribed drugs; collaboration with other healthcare professional to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness; monitoring patients for side effects and drug interactions.
* Detect, monitor and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR).
* Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling.
* Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician.
* Interprets, clarifies and rectifies physician medication and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process.
* Interprets, clarifies and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for outpatient dispensing.
* Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
* Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways.
* Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing as required for prescriptive authority.
* Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/Medical Executive Committee approved protocols.
* Reviews medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, route, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status.
* Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation and proper technique.
* Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy.
* Current Registered Pharmacist license required in the state of WA on date of hire.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)- accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy/Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree required.
* Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
* Pharmacist - Washington
-Demonstrated basic pharmacy clinical skills.
-Demonstrated customer services skills.
-BLS and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
-Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
-Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
-Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
-Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
-Ability to think and act independently
-Strong mathematical and analytical skills
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids. Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments. Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.