PeaceHealth is seeking a Database Administrator for a Full Time, Day position.
The Database Administrator manages acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of database platforms. Requires an in-depth knowledge of database technologies, security, and design concepts. May lead database team participation on organizational projects and initiatives as assigned. Provides technical expertise to support organizational requirements.
- Develops and maintains recovery strategies for database infrastructure. Develops, tests, implements, and documents procedures to ensure that recovery strategies support our business resumption planning goals. Participates in establishing architectural standards for database infrastructure.
- Maintains the security of database infrastructure in compliance with established policies and standards. Provides and maintains documented procedures ensuring appropriate database access. Provides system audit logs to facilitate auditing requirements.
- Develops and maintains procedures and standards for installation and maintenance of database infrastructure with established architectural standards. Monitors, reports and manages performance of database infrastructure and applications and services as required.
- Monitor database growth and server resources and recommend and implement changes necessary to meet performance expectations and ensure the optimal use of database server resources. Identifies gaps in processes and services offered and recommends solutions to director and team. Provides input regarding database capacity planning.
- Define and forecast database license, server hardware, and database storage infrastructure needs for projects and budgets.
- Recommends cost effective strategies for budgeting. Works with vendors to ensure that appropriate and cost-effective service contracts are in force.
- May mentor and educate other team members on database fundamentals, techniques, and best practices.
- Analyzes database needs based on customer requirements and organizational direction to facilitate research and recommendations for cost effective hardware and software solutions.
- Troubleshoots all database infrastructure issues including database backups, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
- Installs upgrades/patches to assigned database systems and software tools as required by vendor partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field; may substitute equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and/or Epic Caché Database Administration; .
- Experience with T-SQL, PL/SQL scripting, or cache overscripting and some combination of backup/recovery, performance tuning/query optimization, and/or database modeling/design preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS architecture and design preferred.
- Extensive experience with one or more replication or log shipping technologies preferred, e.g. Oracle Active Data Guard, SQL Server database mirroring, or Intersystems caché shadowing/mirroring.
- Experience performing complex database restores and data recovery preferred.
- Experience/knowledge of system architecture, commands, system utilities, and report writing tools preferred.
- Epic DBA or Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or above certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of VMware virtualization.
- Knowledge of current applications and trends in database technology as related to healthcare.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, in an environment with multiple work demands, conflicting priorities and critical timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.