This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6118
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - ICU Stepdown for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Medical Center:
PCU - Nursing care of stroke patients with cardiac co-morbidity or more frequent monitoring than can be provided on the floor. Care of patients post Carotid Artery Stenting, and coiling of non-ruptured aneurysms. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.