PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Full Time, Day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.83, more depending on experience.
TRAINING PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
If you are interested in an Emergency Department training position please be aware of the following:
- Essay questions due prior to being considered for position. (Questions will be sent to candidates directly from the Recruiter once an online application is submitted)
- Cover letter, resume and essay questions required to be eligible to interview
- Upon completion of the extended training program, the nurse must bid for available positions for which the nurse is qualified for thereafter.
- Training on multiple shifts/day is required.
- The Medical Center is allowed to hold accountable a nurse who is accepted into an extended training program by requiring the nurse to remain in the position for two years or to pay back all or a portion of a $5,000 sum. The obligation arises only if the nurse declines to accept an available position after having substantially completed the training program. The obligation is excused if the nurse is unable to continue in the position for reasons beyond the nurse’s control.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred
- At least two years of clinical acute care experience on a general nursing or specialty unit is required
- ED experience in like sized and like-census ED; Trauma Level 2 or greater; experience at a Magnet or Academic Hospital; experience with shared governance model; hospital accredited and certified by DNV or TJC preferred.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure at date of hire.
- BLS required at date of hire
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NIHSS within 6 months of hire and recertification every 2 years.
- Specialty emergency certification preferred; certification endorsed by ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) preferred
- Membership to ENA preferred
- SANE certification preferred
- TCAR or PCAR preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.