Job ID: 6100
Location: Longview, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Obstetrical Technician - Labor & Delivery for a Part Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.25, more depending on experience.
The Obstetrical Technician is a team member working under the direction of the Unit Manager, Charge Nurse, and nursing staff in the delivery of care to the obstetrical patient and her infant using a patient/family-centered model in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing patient, equipment and supply for delivery; special obstetrical procedures; and assisting the obstetrical surgical team.
1. Perform a variety of patient care tasks as directed by the nursing staff effectively and independently on OB cases as assigned. May include scrubbing as allowed by state requirements.
2. Maintain unit supplies by requisitioning and receiving supplies then stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Inventory control.
3. Participates in and practices proper safety management including infection control.
4. Completes room and instrument set-up and clean-up process in operating room and labor rooms. Sort, clean and inspect surgical instruments in accordance with standard procedures and techniques.
5. Obtain and record patient data for health record; conduct, collect, and deliver routine tests on patient specimens; assist staff with special unit procedures.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.