PeaceHealth is seeking a solid partner to join our Trauma/ACS/Critical Care Team at the PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. If you desire to practice with an amazing group of Trauma providers and live in one of the most desirable areas of the country, this opportunity might be the perfect fit for you.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Established team of 12 surgeons (9 dedicated Trauma/ACS) and 4 PAs.
- Shifts split over covering Trauma, covering ACS and covering the SICU.
- Trauma/ACS team members who have a vast knowledge base and daily opportunity for collaboration on patient care.
- Our Trauma Service is among the top performers in the State based on trauma registry data with one of the highest rates of unexpected survivors based on ISS.
- We do not have an elective general surgery practice, but there are plentiful opportunities for assisting in elective General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery cases if desired.
- No research requirements, however for those who wish to pursue clinical research, there are available projects.
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Vancouver is a robust, independent city with over 160,000 residents and is the largest suburb of Portland, Oregon.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
- Nationally recognized farm-to-table cuisine, craft microbreweries, and gourmet coffeehouses will keep the most discerning food critic happy.
- A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers.
- There is no Washington State personal income tax.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. Comprehensive care for over a 250,000 patients annually including over 75,000 ED visits (busiest in SW Washington) and over 2,000 traumas.
- Two 24-bed ICUs
- State-of-the-art 14-bed inpatient rehabilitation floor provides intensive therapy services.
- Our integrated physician-led medical group has over 1,000 active medical providers with most specialty services represented.
- EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus and relocation assistance
- CME reimbursement
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional health coverage options and retirement plans
- Educational loan reimbursement (to those who qualify)
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyle
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.