PeaceHealth is seeking a Care Management Professional Development Specialist for a Full Time, Day position.
Collaborates across clinical education, learning technology and development teams to support the competency development of the care management caregivers across the system including; RN Care Managers, Utilization Review Nurses, and Social Workers. Responsible for education identification, program development and implementation using nursing theory, nursing clinical expertise, standards of practice, and adult education principles. Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial/ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of practice for all Care Management Caregivers. Actively collaborates with quality, safety and others on performance improvement activities to enhance patient safety, satisfaction, staff competence and standards of care. Facilitates and Partners with multiple stakeholders on the development of annual competency and ongoing professional development from the need’s assessment to evaluation process.
- Collaborates across the system with quality, performance improvement, safety, nursing leadership, specific clinical operational areas and others in defining clinical education opportunities.
- Designs, organizes, implements, and evaluates educational programs that facilitate the professional growth, skill development, initial, ongoing competence, and attainment of standards of practice (ACMA).
- Utilizes theory, clinical expertise, standards of practice, and adult education principles to design/plan, implement and evaluate impact of education activities. Incorporates evidence-based practice and or research findings into educational programs and activities.
- Supports system-wide teams by collaborating and designing the competency validation process, monitoring orientation progression and assisting Care Management leadership to ensure competency management is documented per regulatory and accreditation standards, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to complete annual needs assessments, and develops the plan, communication and materials needed.
- Collaborates with operational leadership for impact and results evaluation in the department.
- Partners with inter-professional stakeholders to develop standardized training strategies to meet clinical excellence related to patient safety, legal, regulatory, and practice gaps.
- Advocates for nursing professional development and interprofessional specialty development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing or related field required
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Science, Healthcare Administration, Education or Business preferred.
- Three years of previous experience in a care management leadership role.
- Inpatient case management experience strongly preferred.
- Significant clinical education experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience and understanding of all aspects of care management (UR, Care Coordination, discharge planning, psychosocial support).
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Certification in Care Management Certified Case Manager (CCM) or Accredited Case Manager (ACM) or ANCC from American Nurses Association preferred or obtained within 18 months of hire.
- InterQual Certified Instructor (IQCI) active or within 6 months of hire
- Commitment to life-long learning; accepts personal responsibility for own professional development by setting annual goals for areas to increase knowledge and competence.
- Holds membership in professional/academic organizations - preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to facilitate teams and create and implement project plans in large, complex organizations.
- Models professionalism and integrity.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.