PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Service Lines - Cancer Care for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for network cancer care services. Directs, controls and is accountable for Service Line performance in collaboration with their physician dyad partner across the integrated service line model. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Provides innovative leadership (in collaboration with physician dyad partner) to plan, develop, implement and evaluate patient care programs, services and practice models including identification of business objectives, capital and other resource needs, expected operating revenues & expenses, allocation of space, personnel and other operational components.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises staff for assigned services and programs across multiple geographies and multiple departments. Leads all hospital departments and co-leads all assigned/associated PHMG clinics.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
- Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Develops strategic and long-range plans for the effective implementation and operation of specific patient care programs and associated activities in collaboration with network and system service line leaders. Provides associated project management for those plans.
- Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel in collaboration with hospital and PHMG.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner to support continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships.
- Supports clinical processes that assure patient safety.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility. Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction
- Represents the network service line on the applicable System Operating Council (OC) and works with other system OC members to plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- In alignment with established strategic initiatives; creates effective outreach and marketing programs in order to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years of related service line experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to be flexible, lead change, remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned departments/community (s).
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.