PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Compliance Coordinator for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Responsible for the oversight of PeaceHealth pharmacy compliance policies and procedures as they relate to all products including controlled substances, sterile compounding regulations, drug purchasing regulations, and pharmacy accreditation and licensing. This work requires collaboration with other departments to coordinate programs and services which relate to pharmacy policy and procedures and contributes to the fulfillment of PeaceHealth’s mission and values.
- Monitor and manage compliance policies related to pharmacy administration, which includes coordination of internal and external regulatory audits required to maintain accreditation and licensing.
- Ensure organizational compliance of current DEA and State regulations regarding controlled substances, and current federal and state licensing regulations, as well as best-practices in health system pharmacy.
- Work with various regulatory entities (i.e. Washington State Pharmacy Quality Assurance Commission, DEA, DSHS, Washington State Department of Health, ASHP, etc.) to gather information as requested for audits.
- Support multiple applications, including 340B monthly audits and diversion detection and prevention audits.
- Enter or delete Pyxis access codes for new hires and terms; submit to Pharmacy Director for approval.
- Identify compliance issues, recommend and assist in implementing corrective action plans to improve performance outcomes and audit findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a healthcare related field or comparable experience and expertise which provides the incumbent the requisite skills, knowledge and ability to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job may be considered.
- Minimum of five years pharmacy experience to include experience with compliance reporting.
- Education/experience with medical terminology preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician in Washington State preferred.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.