***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
PeaceHealth University District in Eugene, Oregon is seeking a CT Technologist for a Part Time, Variable position. PeaceHealth offers competitive compensation and outstanding benefits!
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details of the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Permanent (OBMI) (RT) licensure with Permanent (OBMI) CT OR Temporary (OBMI) CT Licensure Certification is required upon hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) CT Licensure is required within 1 year of hire OR at the expiration of the last Temporary CT (OBMI) License.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
About the community:
Eugene, Oregon is ranked 9th on the Livability Top 100 Best Places to Live. Come experience the wide array of restaurants, visit the fermentation district, and entertainment venues that make Eugene a true urban playground. Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon Ducks! Historic Hayward field has hosted the Olympic Trials in 2021, NCAA Track & Field Championships, and the World Athletics Championships in 2022. The area offers outdoor produce markets, abundant parks, camping, hiking, wine tasting, and natural beauty. It truly is a place to experience and love!
For a full description of the position, contact Andrea at [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.