PeaceHealth is seeking a Director PeaceHealth Medical Group Primary Care/Sub Specialty for a Full Time, Day position.
Provides operational leadership and will be involved in strategic planning for assigned departments. General responsibilities include directing, evaluating the development of new and continuation of existing services, participating in physician compensation plan administration and revisions as needed, evaluating the impact of future technologies on physician practices and patient satisfaction, creating a patient centered environment that is highly satisfying to physicians and staff, managing community and interdepartmental relations, and coaching/mentoring the physician manager teams to improve team leadership effectiveness. Establishes and demonstrates behavioral standards and participates in system-wide networking groups to insure the achievement of organization-wide clinical and service quality goals.
- Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises caregivers for assigned services and programs. Collaborates with other PH leadership to develop a tactical approach to programs and policies consistent with the overall direction and strategic plan of the region.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with associate medical directors, section chiefs and providers.
- Responsible for fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develop, implement and monitor operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets.
- Develop strategic and long-range plans and policies for the effective implementation and operation of specific patient care programs and associated activities.
- Directs the overall workforce plans which includes but is not limited to recruitment, training and evaluation of caregivers, associate medical directors, providers, and other key operational leaders.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishing and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, department leadership, caregiver and customer that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
- Develop clinical processes that assure patient safety. Accountable for knowledge of and achieving or exceeding national benchmark and patient safety goals for scope of accountability.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
- Monitor, communicate, and work to improve patient, physician and caregiver satisfaction.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or related field is required.
- ACMPE, CMPE or FACMPE, MBA, Nursing or Health Administration or Doctor of Medicine degree from an accredited School of Medicine is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive leadership in physician practice management required.
- Previous progressive senior leadership experience in health care administration.
- Experience in medical group administration required.
- Strong understanding of principles of patient centered care, physician compensation systems, medical technology, including electronic medical records, and quality/service improvement strategies.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to function within and enhance a supportive team approach with patients, families, caregivers, community providers and agencies.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.