PeaceHealth is seeking a Executive Director Foundation for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for raising funds for the priorities established by PeaceHealth. Works closely with foundation board members to maximize their potential in giving of their time, talent and financial resources to PeaceHealth. Partners with the hospital’s administrators, medical physicians and caregivers to identify, cultivate and steward donors. Manages direct line staff and carries a major gift portfolio.
- Leads the development of programs and strategies to meet annual financial goals.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards personal contact with prospects to develop their interest in major gift programs and provide guidance on any gift related opportunity.
- Builds, educates and stewards the board structure that will successfully implement the organizational strategic plan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with physicians, hospital administrators, caregivers and grateful patients to advance PeaceHealth’ s mission, vision and strategic plan and Foundation’s goals.
- Supports a portfolio of 60 to 75 major gift prospects and donors.
- Designs and delivers written and verbal presentations to donors and prospects.
- Manages day-to-day operations of foundation, supervising staff and directing activities and projects.
- Assists in developing a long-range strategic plan and develops an annual business plan to meet the goals established in the strategic plan.
- Provides 24-hour coverage for members of the Benefactors program on a rotating basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) or progress toward attainment of certification.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible fundraising experience on a professional/managerial level preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
- Record of securing six and seven figure gifts
- Ability to travel required.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of fundraising practices required.
- Ability to secure leadership gifts ($1 million +).
- Ability to recruit and manage key volunteers
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with staff, hospital management, community leaders, hospital contributors and potential contributors in both professional and social settings
- Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands, short time frames and minimum supervision
- Leadership in building a team and an organization that will assume responsibility and accountability for achieving both the mission and financial/operational objectives of the Foundation
- Experienced fundraiser
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed, complex health system and stay focused on fundraising for St. John
- Committed to St. John, highly involved in the community (Longview-focused)
- Creative, resourceful, engaging relationship-builder
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.