Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Palliative Care for a Full Time, Day position.
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for newly hired caregivers to PeaceHealth.
Responsible for administrative functions including regulatory compliance related to program development, implementation and outcome measurement. All phases of budget development, contract and grant management and operational oversight. Actively interfaces with home and community, hospital and PHMG services, community and government agencies. Functions as a direct liaison between the Palliative Care services to key stakeholders and patient care partners. Acute Services: Oversight encompasses defined palliative care services provided through home and community, PHMG, hospital and may include ED, Inpatient Consult Service and Inpatient palliative non-nursing services. Outpatient Services:
Functions in the role of clinic and or operations manager for defined network palliative care clinic/s, programs, and services.
- Manages objectives including goals and strategies for program development, marketing, and resource utilization primary to operational sustainability which includes productivity management and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Serves as a strategic and working partner with system director and home and community director to develop and achieve plans for financial performance, clinical quality, service excellence and patient centered priorities.
- Ensures the type and number of personnel required are available to provide optimum client/patient care within the limits of available resources; leads in the recruitment, development, evaluation of caregivers.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with all physicians, managers, and staff with a focus on ensuring competency, compassion, and patient centeredness.
- Ensures the provision of high-quality patient care and community programs and services through skilled and motivated staff, clear and concise standards, appropriate policies and procedures, and quality assurance/risk management activities.
- Coordinates all integrated program services and activities as they impact the delivery of care and collaborates effectively with other departments, operating divisions and medical staff to develop and maintain harmonious and productive working relationships.
- Develops and manages integrated advance care planning program including education, delivery, and facilitation in collaboration with the advance care planning coordinator through the PeaceHealth network.
- Oversees and manages network palliative center for excellence coordinating education for community, patients, caregivers, and providers.
- Serves as a liaison to community groups, governmental bodies, referral sources, and payers, to develop and maintain appropriate relationships and contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a clinical discipline, healthcare related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare administration degree acceptable with degree-equivalent additional clinical experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Licensure or Registration required for an applicable degree (e.g. BCC, PT, OT, ST, HFA, or RN)
- Palliative Care Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of 5 years of palliative or home health-related experience is required.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Program administration experience is required within the last 5 years.
- Strong skills/competencies in leadership, needs assessment, program development, project management, organizational alignment, supervisory, problem solving, decision making, written and verbal communication, interpersonal communication, training, time management, stress management, counseling, coaching, mentoring and facilitation.
- Proficient in use of computers including MS Office applications.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Additional Essential Functions
- In collaboration with system director, Medical Director and Nurse Manager establishes and maintains appropriate clinical protocols for the delivery of palliative program and care management services in inpatient setting.
- In collaboration with Medical Director, ED and Hospitalist leadership establishes and maintains appropriate clinical processes to support palliative care in the hospital.
- In collaboration with PHMG and System director, Home and Community Director, Medical Director, etc. as required establishing and maintaining appropriate clinical protocols for the delivery of palliative outpatient services, including integration of palliative services with primary care.
- Provides education and resources to all PHMG and Home and Community caregivers and providers related to palliative care delivery.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGINITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time
- Ability to seldomly lift objects weighing 30 lbs or less
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.