PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Patient Financial Services - Admitting for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the selection, training, performance and schedules of assigned staff. Monitors overall services, develops quality and performance indicators, gathers data for analysis and ensures continuous improvement to optimize patient care and stewardship of resources, including patient access, insurance verification, billing and collections, cash receipts, scheduling and customer service.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance evaluations, schedules, act upon leave requests, time cards and participation in corrective actions of assigned staff.
- Oversees training, focusing on continuous improvement to optimize days in accounts receivable and cost to collect. Works with leadership to develop training and monitoring programs. Monitors productivity of assigned staff.
- Works with leadership to evaluate workflow, resources, equipment and expenditures, make recommendations for enhancements, purchases, streamlining processes and procedures.
- Oversees work to ensure it is in accordance with regulatory requirements, policies/procedures and departmental standards relating to HIPAA and other government requirements.
- Works with leadership in the development of policies, procedures, budget, and enhancements to daily operations of department.
- May perform the work of assigned staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*This role requires on call availability, including but not limited to occasional night shifts.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum two years in healthcare billing required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Works continuously (67 - 100% of the time) inside a general office environment, including continuous (67 -100%) exposure to moderate noise levels.The ability to frequently (34-66 %) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 - 100%) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying is required. The ability to occasionally (6-33%) lift 11 to 20 pounds is required. The ability to intermittent (1-5%) lift of up to 35 pounds required. The ability to continuously (67 - 100%) employ fine hand movements to manipulate objects and computer terminal keyboard is required.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.