PeaceHealth is seeking a Accounting Analyst for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Performs a variety accounting tasks including month end reconciliations, month end processing, general ledger processing and other financial & ad hoc reporting.
- Prepares month-end journal entries and month end reports.
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assists key stakeholders staff as needed with special projects and month-end tasks.
- Performs accounting functions that may include budgetary, strategic planning, sundry billings, sundry AR system maintenance and journal entry preparation, fixed asset maintenance and review, and other accounting functions and calculations as assigned.
- Responds and research customer service requests.
- Configures new report formats.
- May compile audit documentation and assists with both internal and external auditor requests as needed. Maintains accurate accounting information.
- May complete work papers for year-end audit, tax preparation and other audits as necessary.
- May prepare and present financial information to management as requested.
- Completes testing as assigned for system upgrades, evaluates the system to determine that all corrections have been properly made with no unanticipated and undesirable side effects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field preferred. A combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience of similar complexity is required.
- Experience in problem solving and PC knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of software systems including reporting tools and web development.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting and budget practices desirable.
- Analytical, creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands, short time frames, and minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, pay close attention to detail, and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across departments and disciplines.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills
SYSTEM SERVICES - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.