PeaceHealth is seeking a Accounts Payable Specialist I for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all invoices, check requests and caregiver reimbursements, preparing payments for distribution on a weekly basis.
- Enters invoices into computer system, audits invoices, check requests, and caregiver reimbursement requests for proper authorization, exempt coding and tax status and disburse checks as requested.
- Updates and maintains journals, ledgers and financial documentation, run reports and troubleshoot discrepancies involving appropriate stakeholders as necessary in the resolution of issues.
- Assists with process improvement, procedure and implementation of changes.
- Maximizes vendor discounts in agreement with vendor terms and payment.
- Assures compliance reporting with the Internal Revenue Service for 1099 forms.
- Completes month end and year end processing, follow up on outstanding checks and resolve any discrepancies.
- Acts as a resource for a variety of caregivers, leadership and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of one year of accounts payable experience in a similar setting is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of input is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.
- General understanding of accounting cycle.
- Proficient keyboarding, 10-key and computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and general PC software.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Knowledge and understanding of sales tax and use tax, specifically on items purchased that are non-taxable according to Washington Department of Revenue code is required.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.