PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative - Kitchen for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the manager/supervisor, patients, dietitians and nursing staff to ensure diet accuracy for daily assembly and review of patient menu.
- Process all diet orders (including tube feeding) received from nursing services in preparation for production, including entry of charges. May coordinate all food production information for kitchen staff.
- Approve patient food request based on diet order and food availability. Determine needs of between meal nourishment and orders as needed.
- Distribute appropriate menus for patients to select from. Assist patient with menu selections as needed.
- Use approved computer charting methods to communicate clarification of individual patient needs related to food and to ensure meal tray accuracy and prompt delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced education with emphasis on nutrition preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Understanding of diet types and food textures preferred.
- May require Food Handlers Card.
- May require BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
PHSW -PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.