This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6972
Location: Longview, WA
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Communications Operator for a Part Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $15.69, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible facilitating communications through appropriate operation of one or all of the following: the telephone console (switchboard); physician answering service; overhead paging; two-way radios; and pager system.
1. Operate a telephone console (switchboard), directing incoming operator-assisted and outgoing calls to appropriate individual, departments and outside contacts; respond to emergency codes; dispatch security; provide information to people in lobby. May also be required to notify by overhead, two-way radio and beeper system. Overhead paging as requested.
2. Extend and respond appropriately to all calls, codes, alarm panels and disaster plans wherever needed.
3. May be required to operation physician’s answering service and handle trouble reports by working directly with the physicians.
4. Additional duties may include: announcements as needed, assisting with directories, keying in daily telephone statistics, saying the evening prayer, announcing visiting hours are over, receiving house census from nursing supervisors, other routine clerical/data entry tasks as requested.
5. Report status of console operation to relief when leaving switchboard, including pertinent information about hospital staff and events. Report system trouble to telephone technician as directed.
6. Provide back-up assistance to other departments as directed.
7. Operate other communication and emergency systems as required.
8. Dispatches requests for multiple services as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.