This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7253
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Informations Security Analyst II - Information Technology for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for supporting the design, planning, facilitation, evaluation and implementation of information security-related policies, procedures, standards, controls and technologies across PeaceHealth. Contributes to the goals, strategy, methodologies and outcomes of the PeaceHealth Information Security Program and related technologies. Provides input, expertise and technical assistance in collaboration with peers, junior team members and caregivers from adjacent departments, such as Information Technology (IT), Compliance, Legal, Privacy, Communications and Operations. Responsible for the successful delivery and tracking of outcomes related to 1-2 significant and complex initiatives and contributes to multiple smaller efforts concurrently. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of 1-2 information security-related technology systems. Prepares and presents detailed and high-level reports to internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels (up to Manager). Provides on-call after-hours support as assigned.
1. Supports the design, engineering, implementation and operation of information security processes, policies, procedures, standards, systems and controls based on business and technical requirements. Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
2. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require frequent use of creativity. Analyzes and correlates data from information security technology sources, such as endpoint protection, intrusion detection, security event monitors and secure proxies, to identify potential threats and defend PeaceHealth against threats.
3. Protects PeaceHealth’s information and information systems by analyzing public and private information sources to develop effective defensive techniques, policies, procedures and standards.
4. Collaborates with information security, technology teams and business stakeholders to respond to and remediate identified vulnerabilities and gaps in security controls, policies, procedures and standards.
5. Contributes to the design and implementation of security response automation, integrating various information and information security tools to create fast, intelligent responses to common and/or critical cyber incidents.
6. Effectively communicates technical issues and investigative findings to technical and non-technical audiences in written and verbal form. Supports information sharing and integration procedures across information security through the exchange of threat intelligence and cyber security vulnerability assessment data.
7. Provides information relative to information security assessment activities in collaboration with technical and non-technical teams across the organization. Provides recommendations related to information security gaps and vulnerabilities in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization.
8. Serves as an advisor and subject matter expert on complex information security issues, projects, or any other PeaceHealth initiative that may have an information security implication. Facilitates information security work groups, including project management, scheduling, coordination, follow up, status reports and report outs.
9. Responds to security-related investigations and other information security requests across PeaceHealth.
10. Contributes to information security intellectual capital by making process or procedure improvements and enhancing team documentation. Promotes and implements information security education and awareness policies, procedures, standards and controls in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization.
11. Contributes to the analysis, design, build and management of role-based access controls for users of applications and systems. Coordinates and supports user access review processes.
12. Generates reports and metrics (e.g., system/control metrics, status updates, risk assessment reports, remediation reports) to support information security measurement and reporting objectives. Provides support and assistance to caregivers across the organization related to information security related technology and programs.
13. Provides on-call after-hours support on a rotational basis as assigned, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Information Technology, or relevant field or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience required.
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in IT, information security, cyber risk management, compliance or a related field required; of which at least 4 years’ experience in information security is required.
Healthcare experience preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION: One or more relevant information security-related certifications preferred. Examples include: CISSP, CISA, HCISPP, CCSP, CRISC, CISM, CGIH, GCFA, GNFA, GPEN, GSEC, CEH, and Epic Security Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
Ability to work independently and manage day-to-day assignments with limited supervision and guidance.
Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
Ability to collect and analyze complex data to guide decision making while under potentially intense pressure to address security incidents.
Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies and respond to their needs and collaborate effectively towards solutions.
Ability to work on matters of high sensitivity and confidentiality with both professionalism and discretion.
Hands-on experience implementing and operating one or more common information security tools, such as endpoint protection, intrusion detection, security event monitors, secure proxies, firewalls, encryption, single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, etc.
Hands-on experience implementing and operating one or more common information security methodologies, such as incident response, risk management, data protection, identity and access management, role-based access control, etc.
Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
Knowledge of adversarial tactics and techniques.
Knowledge of cybersecurity, ethics and privacy principles, along with related regulatory requirements and industry frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF).
Knowledge of government and other regulatory requirements for medical billing and benefit verification as they pertain to access and user management.
Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud and security services.
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.