PeaceHealth is seeking a Anesthesia Technician for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.96, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical and supportive patient care tasks to assist attending anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists in performing anesthetic procedures.
- Prepare, supply and equip the operating room to meet anesthesiologist and surgery room requirements for surgical procedures. This includes assisting in room setup and room turnover, stocking supplies and obtaining supplies and equipment as directed.
- Clean machines, monitors, and equipment following established infection control procedures.
- Assist in patient care/patient monitoring as directed by RN or Anesthesiologist.
- May assist with patient laboratory tests and results.
- Coordinate supply inventory for Anesthesia Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Anesthesia Technology preferred.
- One year operating room experience as a CNA, Surgical Services Assistant, or Surgical Instrument Tech preferred.
- Anesthesia Technician, basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (Washington only) preferred
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians Certification preferred
- Ability to work independently and with others in a high-volume challenging environment
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIRMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.