PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Program Coordinator Chest Pain Center for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
This position oversees and guides the function of the Chest Pain Center. In collaboration with the Director, Medical Director and interdisciplinary team, develops and monitors chest pain protocols, order sets and clinical guidelines. Provides clinical quality and performance improvement expertise to enhance outcomes. This position assists in the planning, development and implementation of processes and protocols related to this population. Collaborates with physicians, caregivers, ED, nursing units, EMS and community to improve care.
- Coordinates and provides direction to the Chest Pain Team including coordination and communications with the medical staff, nursing, and other clinical support areas by providing accurate and timely information and written communication.
- In collaboration with the Director, Medical Director and interdisciplinary team, develops and monitors chest pain protocols, guidelines, order sets.
- Serves as a resource for hospital staff on all chest pain related issues
- Coordinates and implements process improvements. Identifies areas of opportunities and works closely with clinical staff and management to ensure compliance.
- Conducts and coordinates inter-facility, EMS and regional professional staff training. Participates in community education and promotion of the program and practice guidelines among current and future sites.
- Collects and enters data into Chest Pain registry. Analyzes and interprets data. Compares outcomes against program goals. Participates in protocol design for data collection, feedback and analysis.
- Coordinates planning, evaluation of program effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service. Represents the program on inter-facility committees to enhance and foster optimal care. Provides ongoing assessment of program needs.
- Facilitates changes in clinic processes that will promote the goals and objectives. In collaboration with Director and Medical Director provides leadership for the STEMI program.
- Coordinators inter-facility transfers and protocols, in collaboration with the patient access center.
- Utilizes the concepts of Quality Improvement when planning and implementing process changes.
- Conducts quarterly reporting of program effectiveness to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program.
- Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent Bachelors’ degree required.
- Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years in a health care setting required.
- Experience in EMS, prefer paramedic training required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing educational seminars.
- Current Oregon RN license required by date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with skills to develop and direct a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a self-directed environment
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of current ACC STEMI guidelines
SHMC - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting 67-100% of the time.
- Ability to seldom lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.