PeaceHealth is seeking a Care Manager Supervisor for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $45.66, more depending on experience.
**$8,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling.
Under the direction of the Director/Manager, this position provides leadership within the care management team to coordinate and oversee the plan of care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness, promote effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources, and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, financial, and satisfaction outcomes.
- Links mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommends or develops plans for improvement, assures regulatory compliance.
- Recommends selection of staff, monitors and evaluates performance and accountability of staff. Evaluates competence and initiates performance improvement plans to develop staff, provides meaningful and constructive feedback.
- Works with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Assesses, develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings
- Takes a leadership role in planning, implementing and evaluating clinical practice and delivery of care according to PeaceHealth guidelines.
- Coordinates daily activities and workflow of assigned staff. Manage day-to-day operations, delegate tasks or projects, and assure adequate staffing to meet patient load.
- Ensures that services are provided in compliance with all regulatory standards, departmental policies and procedures, and ethic codes of individual disciplines. Establish standards of work performance in collaboration with Clinical Director.
- Provides leadership and supervisory guidance in quality improvement efforts.
- Contributes to and facilitate in the planning and achievement of departmental objectives including implementation and compliance.
- Participates in budget planning and monitoring.
- May monitor the provision of supervision toward licensure and credentialing.
- Interfaces with external organizations as needed to promote continuity of care and quality assurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Three years clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Two years of hospital based Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to design, develop and maintain a case management system
- Ability to navigate and function within multiple systems
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Behavioral Health Medical Home:
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document in EMR patient care needs. This includes assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Support and closely coordinate mental/behavioral/chemical dependency health care needs with the patient’s primary care provider.
- Provide patient and caregiver education (and skill development coaching) about common mental health, chemical dependency, and substance abuse disorders and available treatment options.
- Support psychotropic, pain, and other appropriate medication management prescribed by PCPs, focusing on treatment adherence, side effects and other complications, and effectiveness.
Oregon West Network – Care Management:
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) NOT required.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – PEACE HARBOR
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.