PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Resident for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
The Pharmacy Resident, working within their scope of practice, performs the duties of a pharmacist in accordance with established procedures and under direct supervision.The Pharmacy Resident is responsible for providing competent, efficient and ethical pharmacy operations and basic pharmacotherapeutic services for the assigned caseload of patients.
- Perform pharmaceutical services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physicians' prescriptions.
- Advise physicians and patients regarding the proper usage of prescribed drugs under strict supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
- Experience in unit dose distribution, IV admixture, and computerized medical order entry and pharmacy profiles is preferred.
- Licensed in the state of practice as a Pharmacist Intern prior to start date.
- Licensed in the state of practice as a Registered Pharmacist by the end of the 4th month of employment.
- BLS and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to think and act independently
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.