PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Emergency Nurse for a Full-Time Day shift position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .9 FTE role, will work three 12-hour day shifts each week in our 37 bed emergency department.
We offer a $5000 sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, with great benefits and an hourly compensation starts at $38.85, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- At least two years recent Emergency experience required. Other experience may be considered.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within one year of hire
- TNCC within one year of hire
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- St. John Medical Center
- ED – May assist with Trauma case review in conjunction with the Trauma Registrar and/or Trauma Coordinator
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.