Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator - Palliative Care Service for a Full Time, Day position. Starting wage $34.30.
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this position to newly hired caregivers.
This position is responsible for working with leadership from multiple departments, leading and coordinating all aspects of the Palliative Care Services Program offered to inpatients and outpatients. These services are offered in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner.
- Lead, build, establish, coordinate and implement palliative care processes in collaboration with Palliative Care Providers.
- Oversees the work and participates in the hiring of palliative care volunteers work in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator. Train volunteers and staff in palliative care and orient all new staff to palliative care process and protocol.
- Coordinate palliative care referrals by rounding throughout the facilities at PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center, PeaceHealth Southwest, and physician offices to obtain referrals to include identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Assist in obtaining community resources and equipment as needed. Assist in obtaining referrals to appropriate care agencies when requested by patient/family.
- Provide education to new employees, volunteers, physicians, families, patients and nurses regarding palliative care services utilizing available education resources. Develop and implement activities including seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses, shows, public events and other related programs.
- Leads palliative care program evaluation and ongoing process improvement. Represents the program on inter-facility committees to enhance and foster optimal care.
- Develop and maintain budget and statistics relevant to the Palliative Care. Utilizing monthly/quarterly reporting of program effectiveness to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Perform general duties to include maintain a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- Minimum of two years counseling, guidance or social work experience required. Experience in Palliative Care preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- WASHINGTON: Must have WA State credential in order to practice, either Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration (CAAR) – applied for and received within 120 days of hire OR one of the other applicable Social Work licenses at the time of hire.
- Ability to work independently and part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of homecare, hospice, or other local community resources.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Build and coordinate palliative care services inpatient and outpatient for PeaceHealth Columbia region.
- Includes travel between Longview and Vancouver every week.
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting 67-100% of the time.
- Ability to seldomly lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.