PeaceHealth is seeking a Associate Development Officer - Foundation for a Full Time, Day position.
Serves as a member of the Foundation development staff responsible for growing and maintaining a comprehensive mid-level giving program focused on attracting mid-level gifts in excess of $10,000 (or the defined mid-level gift threshold).
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits current and prospective donors who have the ability to contribute a mid-level gift of $10,000 and more (or the mid-level threshold).
- Develops written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans.
- Engages in face-to-face contacts with identified, qualified potential and existing mid-level donors. Provides documentation of such activities as part of a management program recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Supports the development officer(s) in engaging and supporting physicians in the education, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of prospects/donors.
- Serves as a conduit for discovery and cultivation face-to-face visits, initiated primarily by phone, on behalf of development officers and the foundation leader.
- Provides in-patient rounding.
- Provides after hours coverage for benefactors on a rotational basis.
- Attends and participates in fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, business administration, communication, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in successful identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects/donors, preferably in a healthcare, academic medicine or higher education environment.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to secure individual gifts with outstanding follow-through and stewardship of donors' investments
- Ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding and ability to explain basic planned giving vehicles and opportunities
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.