Job ID: 6928
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Certified Nursing Assistant for a Patient Team Support position in Surgical Pre-op at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a Per Diem/Relief position that will work variable days and hours to provide additional staffing as needed. Hourly compensation starts at $16.64, more depending on experience, as well as a 10% per diem differential.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
* Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
* Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
* Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
* Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
* Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
* Promotes the safety and security of the unit through: A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies & disaster plan, proper ergonomics.
* Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
* Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to: Accurate transcription of orders Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
* Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
-Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
-Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
-Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
-Good communication and organization skills are required.
-Flexibility, self-motivation and strong customer service skills are required.
Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-66% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.