This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 6905
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook - Kitchen for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.64, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
* Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
* Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
* Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
* Organize, calculate and produce food production.
* Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
Education equivalent experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Food Handlers Card - Washington
-Minimum of two years experience as cook in a hospital or full-service kitchen preferred or combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
-Culinary certificate preferred.
-Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
-Ability to work well with others.
-Proficient in MS Office applications.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.