$2000 sign on bonus
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Lead in the Gastroenterology clinic for a Full Time position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.29, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback to supervisor/manager on issues impacting clinic performance and caregiver effectiveness; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement and participate in process improvement initiatives as requested; supports strategic initiatives as requested; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for team.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. May coordinate inpatient and outpatient referrals.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant or performing like type work is required.
- Experience in leading and training preferred.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant license required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- National Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand the principles of asepsis.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.