PeaceHealth is seeking a COO Oregon Network (4 Hospital) for a Full Time, Day position.
Leads operational effectiveness to ensure excellence in all the patient care provided to the community. Provides oversight and alignment for the vertically integrated network. Develops a leadership team that is focused on ensuring PeaceHealth provides the best care at the lowest cost through creating a highly engaging leadership team and culture. Plans, organizes, and enhances internal operations to effectively support the community’s immediate and long-range strategic objectives. Focuses on clinical excellence, top decile quality outcomes and operational efficiency and leading a LEAN culture for the network.
Serves as a peer with other members of the Network Executive Team and is accountable for the integration of operational services and improvements to deliver high quality patient-focused care, assuring local community and mission needs are served. Takes network wide responsibility for assigned areas and service lines. Effectively engages colleagues and stakeholders throughout PeaceHealth. In conjunction with System Strategy Team leads network business and community partnerships and growth opportunities.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes as laid out in the strategic initiatives associated with assigned communities medical center and medical group practices.
- Applies current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current best practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding assigned departments for operational and financial effectiveness. Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership and direction to caregivers and providers. Provides communication that motivates colleagues to pursue high standards of excellence and achieving the PeaceHealth vision statement of exceptional and compassionate service to each caregiver, every time, every touch.
- Advocates for the desired culture in high-level planning and decision making. Works in concert with Human Resources to develop workforce strategies including caregiver & provider engagement, workforce competency and labor management strategies. Serves as a key strategic operations leader for labor management team and collective bargaining responsibilities.
- In partnership with the Finance, Executive and Operational leadership, develops, implements and manages operating and capital budgets of assigned services demonstrating effective stewardship of resources and achieving annual goals.
- Collaborates with leaders and providers to formulate strategies and/or initiatives, to advance clinical quality and operational excellence to achieve best practice in patient satisfaction, patient safety, clinical outcomes, operational alignment, caregiver and provider engagement, financial value and provider satisfaction.
- Participates in the strategic and long-range planning of the organization. Integrates the long ranges plans with operational plans and capital priorities. Provides leadership in determining clinical and organizational goals and develops processes to achieve these goals.
- Provides oversight for Productivity and Labor Management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Master’s Degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Clinical degree and experience are preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ management experience.
- Significant operating success in a healthcare leadership role required.
- Experience with proven positive outcomes regarding financial sustainability initiatives.
- Training in process improvement is highly desired.
- Board Certification in the American College of Healthcare Executives is preferred.
- Certification in process improvement is preferred
- High level of business acumen including intimate knowledge of business.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state laws with a working knowledge of multiple disciplines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Strong collaborative skills to foster relationships within Network Leadership Teams.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership ability especially related to program design and implementation demonstrating financial acumen.
- Proven ability to conceptualize issues and develop pragmatic and actionable solutions.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.