PeaceHealth is seeking a Diet Representative Lead - Kitchen for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assign work; plan and manage priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work, monitor team projects, mentor staff, provide constructive feedback, oversee staff training, ensure quality improvement, provide leadership feedback on staff performance, and assist with goal setting for the team.
- Process all diet orders (including tube feeding) received from nursing services in preparation for production, including entry of charges. May coordinate all food production information for kitchen staff.
- Approve patient food request based on diet order and food availability. Determine needs of between meal nourishment and orders as needed.
- Distribute appropriate menus for patients to select from. Assist patient with menu selections as needed.
- Use approved computer charting methods to communicate clarification of individual patient needs related to food and to ensure meal tray accuracy and prompt delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced education with emphasis on nutrition preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Diet Representative role or related experience is required.
- Understanding of diet types and food textures is required.
- May require Food Handlers Card.
- May require BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in mathematics
PHSW -PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.