PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Cardiovascular ICU for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $40.15, more depending on experience.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 year or more of recent continuous critical care experience, completion of a critical care intern/ residency program, or 3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
- Cardiac critical care nursing experience including open heart surgery and knowledge of Intra Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) Counter pulsation preferred.
- Some postings may be for an internship position and the following criteria will apply to those postings: Experienced or new grad RNS. If new grad, the RN will also be required to participate in the Nurse Residency Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS) certification preferred.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Southwest Medical Center:
- CVICU-- Nursing care of heart failure, vascular surgery, and cardiac surgery patients including CABG and TAVR populations. Management of hemodynamics including blood pressure abnormalities with vasoactive agents. Completion of complex assessments post operative. Experience in management of IABP, Impella, CRRT, swan catheters, pacers, and sheath removals strongly preferred.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.