PeaceHealth is seeking a Technology Architect for a Full Time, Day position.
**The employee in this role may be seated at one of our network locations in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.
Serves as a recognized expert in the practical application of current and emerging technologies. Researches and leads efforts to develop guidance and secure designs for the wise administration of components such as directories, single sign on, networking, servers, storage, virtualization and cloud. Partners closely with organizational leaders and oversight bodies to refine the rolling technology strategy and road map that provides PeaceHealth the best mix of functionality and value at an appropriate level of risk.
- Performs deep technical research and design of solutions that enable PeaceHealth to optimally execute its strategies and accomplish its mission. Develops enterprise-level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
- Continuously seeks to minimize and remove complexity and waste in PeaceHealth’s technologies and deployment processes. Creates and improves the effective written record of these decisions and designs.
- Develops policies and standards that capture desired design goals. Develops methods to review technology deployment plans to ensure that policies and standards are appropriately implemented.
- Partners with other architects and technical staff to define enterprise application architecture and technical strategy.
- Serves as a recognized expert in the practical application of current and emerging technologies and as such looks for opportunities to mentor, train and encourage technological skills and abilities of others.
- Cultivates and maintains effective relationships with both PeaceHealth caregivers and vendors, while constantly guarding the reputation and integrity of PeaceHealth.
- Provides technical guidance during contract negotiation to ensure that PeaceHealth’s on-going interests are protected.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Requires minimum of 10 years’ experience in information technology including a broad spectrum of disciplines, such as application design/development, server & storage, security, networks, client and mobile devices, enterprise directories, internet and cloud technologies and Microsoft cloud offerings.
- Significant experience delivering architecture, design, and implementation of major IT solutions, using appropriate technical work processes, methodologies and disciplines.
- Experience in healthcare industry highly preferred.
- Experience with large-scale Active Directory architecture and Azure AD integration preferred.
- Experience developing architectural guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles and practices is preferred.
- Deep technical understanding with experience designing and implementing multi-technology applications. Knowledge of PeaceHealth-specific technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information in formal and informal settings.
- Ability to lead large scale system delivery projects.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to guide decision making.
- Ability to solve complex business problems with IT solutions.
- Ability to develop strong, effective relationships with people.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation by defining new, original ideas and successfully communicating them broadly.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage and enroll others in an initiative.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization including those outside of the technology teams.
- Ability to prioritize, managing multiple competing work efforts.
SHARED SERVICES – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.