This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 7182
Location: Ketchikan, AK
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA - Long Term Care for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.14, more depending on experience.
Be part of a caring team that feels like family, where collaboration is valued and professional development is supported!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of Southeast Alaska since 1923 with Ketchikan MedicalCenter, a 25-bed critical-access hospital offering comprehensive trauma care, outpatient and home health services, and a 29-bed long-term care facility. Primary and specialty medical care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group—Ketchikan and Prince of Wales Island. Our Trauma IV emergency department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, staffed by physicians who are independent contractors employed by National Emergency Services (NES).
Discover PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center and the friendly, family-orientated community in scenic Southeast Alaska: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5792
*** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus *** $2,500 Sign On Bonus ***
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
* Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
* Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
* Documents relevant patient care data.
* Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
* May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
* Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
WHAT YOU BRING
Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps). Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time. Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34 to 65% of the time.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.