PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Educator Respiratory for a Full Time, Variable position.
Coordinates and delivers education for the designated population based on defined compliance requirements, caregiver knowledge gaps, supporting quality improvement, workflows and processes.
Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process.
Assesses caregiver and leadership knowledge, skill and satisfaction. Works with the leadership team to evaluate impact and identify strategies for improvement.
- Primary contact for the PeaceHealth Learning Management System (LMS) and the external department/service line specific on-line system. Develops and often presents specialized content to support individual, department and system goals.
- Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations and trainings.
- Creates discipline specific on-boarding learning and education pathway.
- Develops education plans to ensure the applicable disciplines across the service line achieve competency in strategic domains such as; Trauma Informed services, serving veterans, and cultural competence.
- Creates measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities.
- Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current training program. Including evaluation of the service line specific on-line learning system.
- Defines education plans ensuring effective utilization of the on-line learning system courses and materials for both program specific mandatory education and on-going caregiver learning.
- Updates and maintains appropriate educational materials, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) and provides discipline specific training solutions. Working with clinical leads, mentors caregivers to improve knowledge skill and abilities.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation.
- Documents attendance and/or validates proficiency and competency towards educational goals and objectives in learning management system as appropriate.
- Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree as required by clinical discipline to obtain state licensure as applicable to department/service caregiver will be working with.
- Additional training and certifications in adult learning or education preferred.
- Two years training experience, in healthcare, or secondary academia required.
- Relevant experience in department/service line caregiver will be working with.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- Clinical licensure as required by state.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with adult learning principles, training delivery and classroom management
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology.
- Flexible schedule
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.