PeaceHealth is seeking a Rehab Therapist Lead - Rehab Therapy for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.Regularly communicates with Rehab or Home Health Therapy Manager.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Engages team members in daily problem solving and conflict resolution. Informs manager or clinical coordinator of any issues.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation that is timely, accurate, meets regulatory requirements and is within professional standards.
- Coordinates and supervises clinical internships
- Facilitates and coordinates successful completion of clinical competencies and coordinates in-services.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. Acts as liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to new caregiver, therapist assistants, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical, Occupational or Speech Language Pathology from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of three years experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist in a hospital rehabilitation setting.
- Certified, Licensed or Registered as required by State the caregiver is hired in to perform clinical practice.
- Current BLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs and push/pull object weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids and or sharp instruments.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (80-90% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.