PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Wound Care Specialist for a full-time position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .8 FTE role you will work 32 hours per week, 8 hour day shifts.
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center serving a population of appx 165,000 in Southwest Washington and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle
Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience. We also offer a great benefits package and relocation assistance.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care for patients with wound care needs in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Provides both education and clinical interventions that promote patient independence and self-care.
- Provide direct patient wound/skin care. Performs conservative instrumental debridement and chemical cauterization of hypertrophic granulation tissue and closed wound edges. Initiates and monitors compression therapy for patient with venous insufficiency.
- Assess patient and develop plan of care. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards. Communicates with health care team to support case management of patients.
- Develops, delivers, and evaluates education programs for patients, staff and community. Serves as resource to physicians, staff and community.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Product recommendation and involvement in committees and projects in area of expertise.
- Supports the pressure ulcer prevention program. Assists in review of Pressure Ulcer Policy and Procedure, monitors specialty bed utilization.
- Responsible for outpatient clinic services as they pertain to scheduling, treatment, billing and infection control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required or equivalent education/and or experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in a dedicated wound care role .
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current WA State Registered Nurse licensure.
- Certification in Wound Care as a Certified Wound Specialist (CWS) through American Academy of Wound Mgmt or Wound Care Certified (WCC) through National Alliance of Wound Care or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and other applicable clinical applications.
- REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
LONGVIEW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.